When hands swell, it’s tough to neglect. Especially as the swelling typically comes with pain. And it may be more difficult to hold objects, as well as carry out everyday activities.
Hand swelling is normally caused by joint inflammation, liquid retention, or a rise in your body temperature level. Some reasons will enhance their very own, as well as are not cause for alarm. Others can come to be extra serious and harm the structures of the hand. Hand swelling may additionally indicate an underlying illness.
Treatment depends on the root cause of your hand swelling, yet generally, adhering to the R.I.C.E. procedure can usually treat most root causes of swelling. You may additionally need a drug for underlying problems.
If you want to get an in-depth idea about swollen hand [มือ บวม, which is the term in Thai], please visit the link.
Root causes of hand swelling in youngsters
- Kawasaki illness: Hand swelling can be one indication of a disorder that also entails inflamed lymph nodes, high fever, as well as a red tongue.
- Sickle cell illness: Swelling of the fingers and hands is a usual sign of sickle cell disease in young kids.
- Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in children (MIS-C) related to COVID-19: Inflammation and/or swelling of hands and/or feet in kids with a background of COVID-19 or exposure to the coronavirus. This may bring about multisystem organ involvement.
When to call the physician
You are worried regarding a child who has hand swelling, as well as has been detected with sickle cell disease, or the child additionally has a high temperature.
- You are pregnant
- You were previously identified with arthritis, sickle cell condition, or organ failing
- You lately started a new medication
- You establish open sores on the hand or fingers
- You have a consistent development on the hand