RO water purifiers are definitely one of the best inventions when it comes to purifying water. If you want 100% purification, you should always go for these purifiers. Depending upon the price range, they use various techniques to purify your water.
The top models use carbon filtration to remove chlorine disinfectant, RO semi permeable membrane for removing hard calcium and magnesium salts and UV+UF filtration to remove bacteria, viruses and other pathogens. You can always check out the RO water purifier price list and features available in each modelto know the different types of water purifiers and their prices.
With advancement of technology in the water purification industry, the maintenance of water purifiers has become a tedious task. However, technology has also given us the power of monitoring. Most RO water purifiers come equipped with intelligent sensors and monitors that help the user to maintain the purifier and drink 100% pure water.
For proper functioning and operation at optimum level, maintenance should be done on a routine basis. The maintenance frequency totally depends on the consumption level of treated water and the quality of untreated water that is fed into the system. Here are six important maintenance tips that should be followed for RO water purifiers:
- Drain the Storage Tank: This is a mandatory maintenance task. To keep the storage tank clean and free from impurities, it must be regularly drained. The frequency of this drainage should be once in every two weeks. For draining the storage tank, the first thing that you should do is switch the power supply off, open the bottom drain plug and let the water flush out. Once the water has been completely drained, put the drain plug back and switch on the power supply.
- Filter Change Alarm: The filter change alarm of an intelligent RO system goes off once in every 12 months. This is when you should change all post carbon, activated carbon and sediment filters. The FRT should also be changed when the filters are replaced. This has to be done by a qualified technician.So, when the filter change alarm goes off, call a technician.
- Replace RO Membrane: Once a year, the RO membrane should also be replaced. This way you can be assured that you get pure and clean water without impurities. RO membranes should be removed when the flow rate is slower than normal.
- Replace UV Lamp: If your RO purifier has UV+UF protection, you should replace UV lamp as well. This frequency is also once in 12 months. The ‘UV Fail’ alarm would go off or you would find that the intensity of UV is less than usual. Either way, it is advised to change this lamp every year.
- Turn offthe Purifier If Not in Use for Long Time:If you are going out for a long duration, you won’t be using the water purifier. In that case, you should disconnect the power supply of the purifier and drain the entire storage tank. You should also turn the supply of raw water off in this case.
- Keep Track of LED Alerts: The LED of an intelligent RO system displays almost everything that could go wrong in your purification process. In case the LED is blinking lights or something is red or there is a warning on the LED screen, make sure to take these seriously. Call a technician if something fails.
Follow these simple tips for maintaining your reverse osmosis water purifier and make sure that you drink 100% pure water throughout the day.